Apply direct from pail onto absorbing surfaces to correctly seal and bind the surface (more than less is highly recommended). Coverage is 50-60m2 per pail. When touch dry follow with the complete, as specified, Unitex system.
Download the Unitex Render Brochure here.
Download the Unitex Render Usage & Installation Guide here.
Size: 15L pail
Coverage: 50-70m2 (depending on substrate absorbency)
Suitable for: All absorbent masonry surfaces
Apply with: Roller and Spray
Safe Use: Refer to the MSDS (have MSDS hyperlinked and go to the MSDS)
Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer is a substrate conditioning treatment and is based on a pure acrylic polymer in a water emulsion specifically formulated for compatibility in the highly alkaline cement environment as a sealer or for cement modification.
Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer is applied to porous masonry surfaces to even out and reduce the porosity (absorption) and create a seal for the later applied coats. This ensures improved adhesion between layers, improved durability of later coats, and evenness of the coating system.
Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer is supplied in ready-to-use 15L pails.
Approximate coverage per pail is 50-60m2 .
- Provide complete system in-situ sample for Architect and Builder approval
- Apply only onto clean and dry masonry surfaces
- Mask up all adjoining surfaces, windows, and non-masonry works
- Seal into expansion joints
- Over less absorbent surfaces best applied by medium Nap roller
- Spray apply over very absorbent surfaces (AAC panel)
- Must be over coated in all systems
Product Performance and Application
Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer is for exterior and interior use and offers resistance to early hydrolysis and rain penetration into the substrate. Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer can absorb up to 5mm into very porous surfaces.
Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer is compatible with all Unitex® acrylic renders and surface applied coatings.
When applying Unitex® Cembond Substrate Sealer please consider the following:
- Apply between 100C and 350C ambient temperature
- Allow 2 hour drying time before top coating in Summer, and 4 hours in Winter
- Generally 1 coat is required (or more if substrate is not fully sealed)
- Roller and spray applied
- Use water if thinning product is required, and in cleaning tools
Slows the drying of the subsequent coat and to be a consideration when rain and cooler conditions is a possibility